London Zoo

Last week we explored the amazing London Zoo! We saw animals from across the world and explored different habitats which the animals need to survive and thive in their natural environment.

Remember the school rules

1. Be Kind
  2. Do not mention anyone’s names including your own.

Comment Help

Remember, your comments are reflective comments just like your smiley face comments at school. You can share what you’ve learnt, what you enjoyed and ask any questions you may have. Also, don’t forget to write full sentences with the correct punctuation!

A bad example: â€˜I’ve learnt loads, that was great’

A good example: â€˜I’ve learnt that the Sun is in the centre of our solar system and that it is really big’

Never Use a Full Name

Use other names, but nothing silly as this name appears for everyone to see. Names that are full names or silly names will not be posted. Use abbreviations like Mr G or Miss P or your initials will do.

9 Replies to “London Zoo”

1. On Friday 28th April we went to London zoo. When we arrived at school we went to the toilets and collected our lunch. Then we went to the train station and we got on the Bakerloo line to Baker Street. Then we walked through Regents Street and finally arrived at London zoo. Then we first went to see the reptile house we saw snakes, crocodiles, lizards and turtles. Then we went to gorilla kingdom we saw big ones and small ones and small ones and on top of that we saw some monkeys. I think did more than 2,000 steps.

2. On Friday 28th of April year 4 and I went to the London Zoo .We started to walk to Harrow Wealdstone .We went on the train .We walk throw Harrow Wealdstone then we 2 ducks and 5 chicks. We all said hi to a swan, then go there .
    First we when I the retile house we saw frogs, lizards’ crocodiles they are all reptiles because they are all cold blooded, they all skayls
    Next we saw the gorillas were running, one was eating something .They are mammals because they have fur , give live young
    Then we saw tigers ,one tiger play with hair ball then another tiger was ranning
    We saw many animals I hope I go again
    I think I did over 22000

3. On Friday 28th April 2023 year four went to London zoo. We walked down to Harrow and Wealdstone station and we got the Bakerloo line and traveled to Baker Street. We walked to Regents Park and walked through it and we looked around and saw some birds and we got to London Zoo.

The first place we went to the Reptile house and we saw snakes, lizards and we saw a crocodile and we knew they were reptiles because they all had scales. Then we went to see Gorillas and we saw a sliver back Gorilla and they were mammals. After we went to see the tigers and it was amazing and they were playing with each other and they were also mammals. After we went to the outback and we had a break and ate some crisps.

After we went to into Africa and we saw all kinds of animals and they were all mammals and we know that because they give birth to live young. After this we went to tiny giants and we went in with the spiders most people were scared inculed me. After that we went to see lions which was my fauorite and they are mammals and they were asleep and they we had lunch and saw tortoises and then we went to the gift shop and after we went back to school.
    It was so tiring and I think I done over 20,000 steps!!!!!!!!!!
    The trip was amazing and I would love to go back

4. On Friday 28th April 2023 my class and I went to the London Zoo. We started off by walking to Harrow and Wealdstone station. We saw lots of fast trains go by but the train we were going on was the Bakerloo line. Then we went to Bakers street and took a 20 minutes walk through Regent’s park and saw lots of statues and people. Finally, we got there.

The first thing we did was we went to the Reptile house. When we got inside, we saw lots of things like snakes, lizards and even crocodiles. Some of them were hard to see because they were camouflaged, but then we found the animal and some we did not see because they were moving house. The next thing we did was we went to the Gorilla kingdom. When we went in, we saw a few birds , and then we saw the Gorillas and they are mammals . We also saw baby monkeys and big monkeys . Then we saw the Tigers and when we saw them, there were three tigers and we saw the smallest one playing with a ball, but another tiger came and started fighting. Tigers are mammals because they have fur and have babies . Next, we saw the emus and and sat on the bench to eat our snack and I had my crisps and waited for the others to finish. Then we went to see other mammal.

We saw so many different kinds of animals in the zoo. It was a fantastic trip and I can not wait to learn more animals.

5. bakerLoo line to baker street then we had a tiring walk through Regents park to London zoo.

are big birds and are warm blooded.
    We saw loads of animals and it was the best trip ever and I did 20,000 steps.
    First we wet to the reptile house and we saw lizards , snakes and CROCODILES and I learned that reptiles are cold blooded and have no hair at all.
    Then we saw the gorillas and they were huge and we also saw monkeys and they are mammals like us humans and are warm blooded and give birth to live young.
    After that we went to the outback and we saw emus which were big and we saw wallabies and the two almost had a fight and I learnt that emus year four On Friday the 28th April 2023 went to London zoo. we first walked to harrow and Wealdstone station and from there we went to the

6. On Friday year4 went to London Zoo! We first went to Harrow and Wealdstone station. We took 1 long train to Bakerloo line to Baker Street to London Zoo.
    The first place we went was the Reptile house and we saw snakes, lizards, frogs, though frogs are Amphibians tortoises AND EVEN CROCODILES! We learnt reptiles are cold blooded they lay eggs and they have scales.
    Then we went to see the cute monkeys and we even saw an adorable one right by the glass, I think it was trying to say hi! We also saw big gorillas with different names I think one of them was also a silverback which means the leader of the troop. You can tell if a gorilla is a silverback by if it has a silver back. We also went in with monkeys where they could come towards but monkeys bite so we had to keep a 1 meter distance.
    Then we went to see different insects like cockroaches or crickets after that we went to see the spiders where we were in the same room as them! I thought it was pretty nice to see different types of spiders up close.
    After that we went to see so many different types of butterfly’s where they could go on our finger. Sadly I don’t think any butterfly’s went on our fingers ): but that’s fine because at least we got to see them up close one of my friends told me that butterflys wings are as delicate as paper so we could no touch their wings.
    Then we went to see the lovely penguins dive into the water we could see them swim through the see through glass. They came really close so I think they came to say hello too!
    We then went to see the very tall giraffes. There were some facts on the wall about them on of them said each giraffe has a different pattern on its back! The other one was that 1 giraffe has the strength TO EVEN KILL THE MIGHTY LION JUST BY ITS LEG! There was also a suspicious looking pigeon that stole some sticks from the giraffes to make its own nest!
    After that we saw the Okapis which look a lot like zebras and also each Okapi has a different pattern on its back just like our finger prints! Every Okapi has a unique pattern! COOL RIGHT?!
    We then saw the cutest in my opinion… THE ADORABLE TIGERS they were sooo cute one was super close to the glass and it was playing with its own hairball! IMMEDIATELY AFTER THAT EXPERIENCE TIGERS BECAME MY NEW FAVORITE ANIMAL! Also tigers tummys are surprisingly white I didn’t know that!
    A bit later we went to an underwater area. There was coral, lots of coral in fact! There was a cool brain coral which looks just like a brain. But there also was a sad fact “in the last 40 years we have lost %50 of all corals, by 2050 we could reach other %90 unless if we act now ):
    We went to see lions too. there was a block like thing the lion at the top the lioness at the bottom and they were both sleeping adorably.
    We finally then saw these rat like animals one thought it could hop up on me but sadly it couldn’t because of the glass it was really cute.
    This was one of the best days of my life I really enjoyed it but we had to go there was so many more animals we saw though I hope to go there again one day. It was tiring but it was worth it.

7. On Friday zoo. Everyone was very excited! And so it began. First we walked to Harrow and Wealdstone we took the Bakerloo line train all the way to 28th April the class and I went to London Baker Street, and so we arrived. We still had a long way to go and so we walked through Regens Park it was so long it took around 20 mins.
    The very first thing we went to saw was the reptile house it was full of lots of reptiles for example the Emerald Boa Constrictor, it looked like a leaf!! I knew they were reptiles because they are cold blooded. Fun fact, some snakes can swim in water.
    Then we went to GORRILA KINGDOM!! There were so many Gorillas there but they were all eating, we even saw babies!! I knew they were mammals because they have fur, Fun fact around 1,063 exist in the wild
    After that we went to the outback were we saw emus and wallabies, did you know that the emu are the 3rd largest bird!
    We saw to many to mention it was amazing I would love to go again there were so many animals if you go I hope you enjoy it!

8. On Friday the 28th April Year 4 went to London Zoo. We started off walking to Harrow and Wealdstone Station and we saw lots of fast trains. When we got to the station we got onto the Bakerlooline and got off at Baker Street. We walked through Regents Park until we got to London Zoo.
    We went to the Reptile house first and it had crocodiles, tortoises, snakes and Komodo Dragons (Don’t worry they weren’t dragons that breath fire!) The crocodiles were camouflaged! I knew they were Reptiles because they all had scales ear holes and dry skin. Next we went to the to see the Mammals. We saw Gorillas who were all eating. After that, we saw a huge bird called an Emu which is the 3rd largest bird in the world. We saw a wallaby which look like kangroos. We saw Tigers in the Mammals section along with monkeys and the Giraffes we saw the WHOLE ZOO with lots of animals that I can’t name them all.
    We saw so many different kinds of animals in the zoo. It was a fantastic trip and I can’t wait to learn more about this topic.

9. On Friday 28th April 2023 the class and I went to the London zoo. First we walked to the Harrow and Wealdstone train station we went on the Bakerloo line all the way to Baker Street, then we walked a very tiring walk to the London zoo.

When we got there we asked the nice lady if there was any shows going on, after that we went to the reptile house, we saw a lizards, emerald boa constrictors and a big crocodile, they were all reptiles because they have scaly skin and are cold blooded, then we went to see the gorillas which are mammals because they are warm blooded, give birth to live young and have fur or hair like us, the gorillas we very gigantic and they were all eating bamboo, there was one little baby one which was swinging on an obstacle course and it was like looking at a children’s park. After that we went to see the Emus which are the 3rd biggest birds then we ate an snack I had a KitKat and my sea salt crisps then we went to see the tigers (don’t worry nobody got eaten) they were so cool, 2 of the tigers were having a fight and then we went to the insect section and walked through the spider room finally we ate our lunch went to the shop and went back home.

I loved this trip and can’t wait to learn about and see more cool animals.

I walked more than 30,000 steps today