Yr 5 and 6 Science Museum school trip to the Wonderlab and Antarctica imax 3D film.

20170125_110544

20170125_110715

20170125_110938

20170125_111050

20170125_111927

20170125_112843

20170125_105547

20170125_105822

20170125_134120

20170125_134135

20170125_134257

20170125_134713

20170125_134522

Write a comment or recount below about our school trip.

Try to answer the following questions in your comment:

What was your favourite part?

What did you learn?

Remember the school rules

1. Be Kind
  2. Do not mention anyone’s names including your own.

Comment Help

Remember, your comments are reflective comments just like your smiley face comments at school. You can share what you’ve learnt, what you enjoyed and ask any questions you may have. Also, don’t forget to write full sentences with the correct punctuation!

A good example of a comment : ‘I’ve learnt that the Sun is in the centre of our solar system and that it is enormous.

Remember: Never Use a Full Name

Use abbreviations like   Mr G or Miss P or your initials will do.

62 Replies to “Yr 5 and 6 Science Museum school trip to the Wonderlab and Antarctica imax 3D film.”

1. Today me and my class and a another class went to the science museum it was great fun and so detailed and beautiful. We where so lucky that we even got to watch a documentary! I really enjoyed the experiment with the candle and packed ice I learnt that packed ice does not turn in to a liquid but straight to gas.

2. The Science Museum was really fun. The trip was very entertaining and interesting to explore and I got to use many new science equipment. I was thrilled to walk through the space exhibition as I saw intriguing objects, learning what they do and how they work. My favourite part of this trip was when we were watching the IMAX movie about seals, penguins and more Antarctic animals. Since the IMAX was 3D, if felt like animals were right in front of you – I felt as if I could touch them! We also went to the wonder lab! The wonder lab had lots of fascinating science equipment to use. It also had slides where you can see which slide has the most friction and which has the least. I learnt how dry ice reacts with different objects.

3. It was a fantastic trip. I really enjoyed the wonderlab when we did the friction slides and the show with fire and water. I also enjoyed the space section and looking and learning about different stars in our solar system. I thought the rockets and Apollo 11 and Tim peak’s shuttle when he came back to earth looked really cool. Also the earth model was really cool. The IMAX theatre was really funny and the 3d part was really cool. I liked learning about Antarctica and it’s wildlife.I thought the whole museum was really cool and I really liked it.

4. At the science museum, my favourite part was the Wonderlab as we got to conduct many different experiments which is my favourite part of science. I made circuits, tested materials for friction and also did experiments to test air resistance. The other thing I really enjoyed was the Imax movie theatre which I learnt a lot about Antarctica. I had a fun day at the science museum.

5. At the Science Museum, I enjoyed seeing the exhibits and the interactive activities. My favourite part was the Wonderlab. I particularly enjoyed the Tesla Coil experiment. I learned that a Tesla Coil sends purple lightning to the nearest conductive material. I also enjoyed the IMAX, where I learned about Antarctica. I really enjoyed the funny moments. I also learned more about how we can protect the environment. I also learned about how different Antarctic animals behave. In addition to that, I learned about the landscape and how different Antarctic animals survive.

6. At the Science Museum, my favourite part was in the Wonderlab where there were interactive sources and I even conducted a science experiment on friction. There were also some immensely fascinating demonstrations on chemistry and Tesla Coils. In the chemistry one, I learnt that water and fire cancel out to prevent fire but fire and a substance called ethanol produced a large flame. When ethanol mixed with water and this mixture was lighted, though, it produced a small flame. Also, I learnt that dry ice (solid carbon dioxide) can prevent a fire from happening and when a burning flame is exposed to carbon dioxide, it is extinguished. In the Tesla Coil demonstration, I learnt that Tesla Coils can produce purple lightning that goes sideways. Then, at the IMAX theatre, we watched a fascinating 3D film about Antarctica but I enjoyed the actual film better than the fact that it had 3D effects (it was about how many Antarctic animals can not survive the extreme cold, especially in Antarctic winter and how this continent is affected by our actions despite being so far away and this is one of my favourite science topics). We also had a space exhibition where I got to see some replicas of rockets and missiles as well as a presentation of different celestial bodies and I learnt how hard life was on the ISS with another one. What’s more, we got to see a real moon rock which came from Apollo 15. There was also a presentation on German rocketry and I learnt how despite the Germans not using their missile, the USA recruited the German scientists and based the Apollo rockets on this weapon.

7. Today we went to the science museum. My favourite part was wonder lab! We did lots of things like using the pulley system where we had to sit on a seat and pull ourselves up using pulley’s, slides where we tried to test friction and we watched some shows, but there was still lots more. The best part of wonder lab was the spinning wheel. This section was so appealing to me because you could spin as fast as you like and you could also test what type of structure was required to slow you down. After that, we went to the IMAX theatre and the screen was 4 times the size of a normal cinema!!! We watched a nonfiction movie that was called ANTARCTICA and in this we learnt how life in Antarctica is. Finally, we left the museum and this day was amazing!

8. At the science museum i most enjoyed the wonderland activities.My favorite activity was the pulley system which is where you pull yourself up and race your opponent,even some teachers joined in too!I also enjoyed the science show all about the fire and what would happen to it if the paper having different things happen to them.the electricity machine was wild i liked seeing the different colours and comparing it to the lightning we see outside.I also enjoyed the slides they were to experiment friction,we rode in a sack and slid down the different surfaces.The space things were there too,i learnt some very interesting space facts.i really enjoyed this trip and hope to go there again.

9. That was an exciting trip! The Wonder lab was amazing, especially the slides! It was fun seeing how quick it was to slide down wood, and how slow it was to slide down grass! The shadows were also very exciting. It was interesting to find my shadow stuck on a wall.
    IMAX was very informative, especially the fact about whale poop! The seals seemed to be swimming at me! I also enjoyed seeing an actual moon rock and creating my own shuttle, even if it did explode five times. It was also fun to see actual food that astronauts ate in space. The space suits did look quite uncomfortable.
    So even though the train rides were long and boring, the Science Museum itself was amazing! I would love to go again and see everything!

10. I really liked the science museum .The best bit was when we went to the wonderlab and got to test friction on different slides and how we found out how the pulley works and how acloud feels.We also saw an IMAX film about Antartica and how to take care of it and about the different animals that live there.I was fascinated when we got to see an actual moon rock that was brought from the moon!We also saw a space shuttle that bought astronauts back to Earth.It was one of the best trips I had ever had.

11. My comment continued-
    Within the wonderlab I went to a chemistry demo where I saw how dry ice could be used to make bubbles float and how to use a solution of alcohol and water to make something go on fire without burning it. I also went to an electricity demo where I was shown what a tesla coil could work. After that I went to the 3D Imax theatre to watch Antarctica; it was very interesting and taught me lots of things like every humpback wale that is let live results in taking the same amount of carbon from the atmosphere as 30 000 trees and that melting ice affects certain penguins by making it harder for them to swim and making them more vulnerable to predators.

12. At the Science museum I had a great time. I quite enjoyed the section about space and the wonderlab which I have never been before so it was very fun there were shows and live experiment going on. The most enjoyable part was the ‘ IMAX’ theater. I loved the 3d effects and how it had showed the fragile world is at risk.

We had an incredible day and I hope we have another trip like this soon.

13. I really enjoyed the trip to the Science Museum and I had two favourite parts.

Firstly, the Wonder Lab; I tried a numerous amount of activities and experiments ranging from going down slides to learning about what dry ice was. I now know that dry ice is actually frozen carbon dioxide. A kind lady in the Wonder Lab showed my class Yr 6, as well as Yr 5 that as the carbon dioxide changes into a gas, it remains in the square beaker ( rather than rising ), as it is heavier than air. When she poured the invisible gas onto the candle flame, it extinguished.

Secondly the Imax film; I thought that the Imax film was brilliant because they provided us with 3D glasses to wear throughout making the film come to life. This movie was mostly about life underwater but I learnt that global warming might be a threat to polar bears especially because they hunt on ice, walk on ice, etc. Global warming won’t help because the ice will melt and they won’t be able to do the things that they do today to survive.

Overall I really enjoyed the trip and hope to visit again soon!

14. The museum was very fun. First we went to the wonder lab where we got to try many different experiments like exploring friction by going on different material slides- grass, plastic and wood. I realised that grass had the most amount of friction. We then went to the imax cinema and watched Antartica with 3d glasses. I learnt many interesting facts about the various different creatures that live in Antartica.

My favourite part of the trip was the wonder lab, especially the friction slides!!

15. I loved many things about the Science Museum. I enjoyed discovering new things in the space exhibition that I didn’t know already and I was thrilled watching the IMAX about seals, penguins, Antarctica and about the Antarctic ocean. I learnt about the freezing cold temperatures in the Antarctic ocean and the different types of animals that live there. My favourite part of this trip was going to the wonder lab. In it they had so many cool activities and we actually saw purple lightning inside! The best activities were the friction slides and the pulley chairs. I had so much fun exploring and experimenting with my friends. I would love to go again someday.

16. I really loved the trip to the Science Museum. I learnt that a moon rock must be compressed in a container with nitrogen in it so that it doesn’t break in the earth’s atmosphere and that to increase speed when you are turning around quickly, you must pull yourself to the centre. My top two favourite parts of the trip was when I got to slide down the wooden slide in the friction section as it was so fun and the IMAX show was my other favourite.

17. I thought the science museum was amazing.I liked the IMAX cinema when we watched Antarctica with 3D glasses.I also liked the wonderlab were we got to wonder around and do experiments.The space section I loved because it was so interesting .It had real space things in it and a real moon rock from the moon!!! I loved the science museum.I learnt about more about friction on the slides when there was a grass one ,plastic and wood.I figured out that the wood went quicker than plastic and grass because of friction.

18. Science Museum! 1/12/21

A couple of days back, we went to the Science Museum. It was
    amazing! We took train to get there. We looked at space shuttles, and a shuttle they used to get back down to Earth. We also looked at all the planets, and facts about them. My favourite bit was the WonderLab, where we got to experiment with forces, electricity and sound. In the WonderLab we saw a planetarium, which was a very slow model of how the Earth orbits the Sun and the moon orbits Earth.
    We also went on slides, to test how much friction there was on different surfaces. Then we had a chemistry talk, and I learnt the difference between ice and dry ice. We then had a physics talk, before having lunch. After lunch, we watched an IMAX movie, called ‘Antarctica’. After that, we went home.

19. I enjoyed the trip to the science museum. My favourite part of the trip was the IMAX film, It showed us a view of the planet Earth from the International Space Station (ISS) and how pretty it looked. The movie was about astronauts up in the ISS and how their lifestyle is different to our lifestyle and how living in ISS affects their bodies.

20. Hello, this is sp.sp@gmail.com. My favourite part of the trip was watching ‘Antarctica’ in the IMAX theatre because we were able to wear 3D glasses as the screen in front of us was. It could also fit 4 double-decker-busses in the room! On Friday, I learnt that science includes even more fascinating experiments and inspiration!

21. I enjoyed the trip to the science museum a lot as in the wonderland there were a lot of cool items and experiments to use And also the IMAX was very cool because of the 3d effects and Antarctica

22. On Thursday we went to the science museum where we got to go to the wonder lab and go on slide and even use a pulley system to pull us up it was the best thing ever.
    Overall I think it was an amazing and would love to go there again with my family

23. I really enjoyed the IMAX about Antarctica. The thing that amazed me the most was when we heard that we count the population of the penguins from space! I also liked the wonderlab when we were showed how to make cloud. You make it by using dry ice and an acid. The best thing was when we were watching how Nicola Tesla created the Tesla Coil and it was ONE MILLION volts and it being purple instead of it being yellow. And the shoes lit up when the Tesla Coil was on. I was amazed at how that worked.

24. In the science museum I really enjoyed the Wonderlab and watching the chemistry show in there. I also loved the interactive experiments e.g. the slides with different materials, the circuits and the flight test where you had to make a propeller and test it on a wind machine! The IMAX theatre was a wonderful experience and the 3D quality was amazing! I would always be enthusiastic to go there again and I hope you will after reading this! Bye!

25. This was the most sensational trip ever . Most fascinating in my opinion was the space room, where we studied rockets like the Apollo 11 . This taught me a plethora of facts which I never knew. Also , I saw the 3d spinning circle which turned into the Earth, Sun and Moon. After lunch we went to the IMAX theatre . This was a whole new experience because I had never seen any 3d films before. We wore special glasses to make it look 3d .This film was called Beautiful Planet. It talked about what life was like in space and on Earth . I learnt that when astronauts live in space their muscles weaken so they have got to exercise for 2 hours a day. Overall this was a spectacular trip . Thank you Mr G for organising this fantastic science trip to teach me things I did not know at all.

26. I loved the Science Museum it was so fun. Especially the IMAX Theatre movie ‘A Beautiful Planet’ ,it was 3D so it looked like I was actually in space with the astronauts!!! I also really loved the space exhibit it was very fascinating for me because there was a real piece of the moon! And some food\drinks astronauts would have in space. I also really liked the old cars, the old rockets and the old planes.

27. My favourite part was seeing the big rocket in the space area .
    I also enjoyed seeing the IMAX screen as it was so big you would need like 35 heads to fill up the hole screen.

I learnt that you have such a big rocket just so you can have fuel to go to space and back to Earth even if you are only just bring such a small thing to space .

I really enjoyed the science museum and I hope every one else also like it as much as I did .

28. I loved learning about our neighbouring planet, Mars. Its interesting to know it lost the lives of it living, ‘breathing’ creatures partly because it didn’t have a magnetic field. I really enjoyed the 3D Imax film because it shows how life is in space. It was fascinating to see how the astronauts live, how small their living space is, how they cut their hair, and how they work in the space station.

It was super cool to see what earth looks like from space. Isn’t it incredible to know how much electricity we use lighting up the world! Imagine if an alien flies by….we definitely wouldn’t be hidden on earth!
    Now I really want to see the rest of the planet series!

29. My favourite part was the IMAX . Everyone had to wear 3D glasses.
    The film was about 3 people in space and how they survived.
    I learned that if you don’t exercise you will get weaker the approximate time is 2 hours .
    I also enjoyed the space part, there was a masive rocket that I enjoyed.

I loved the Science Museum and I hope I go there agien .

30. The science museum was amazing. My favourite part was when we saw a 3D movie about planets in the IMAX theatre which is one of the biggest screens in Europe. My favourite room was the space room where we saw a moon rock. We also saw the inside of a spacecraft and we saw lots of old cars and rockets.
    I found this trip really fascinating.

31. The most enjoyable part of the science trip was the IMAX theatre. I found the IMAX theatre very fascinating as it was the most grand and spectacular place and the biggest screen in Europe that could fit 25 TV’s.
    An interesting fact I discovered was how three new astronauts change every 6 months in space.
    Learning about Space was very interesting.

32. I learnt about Dolly the Sheep who was a clone from the DNA of 3 sheeps. I saw cars which were very old. We also asked Mrs B. to translate French from a diary, lucky she was there! I was fascinated by a piece of the moon that came to Earth.

33. My trip to the science museum was mind-blowing. I really enjoyed learning about different rockets and probes.The IMAX theater was spectacular, I felt so lucky to live on such a beautiful planet. I also enjoyed the section on aircraft and I learnt how the Wright brothers made the first plane.

34. My favourite part of the museum was when I saw a piece of rock from the Moon. After lunchtime ,we went to the Imax theatre. Since it was a 3D film, we had to wear special glasses. We saw this film about Earth, called ”Beautiful Planet”. I learned that Mars was once habitable. Since the screen was one of the biggest in Europe, it could probably fit 25 normal TV’s. In the flight section I noticed many rockets and planes. I was fascinated by the advanced of leap of technology over the few decades.

It was very exciting and time-consuming but in the end it was the best trip ever.

35. I love the IMAX Movie wich is about space because it was telling how people live in space.In the other room there was also lots of science information displays. The first room was about steam power . Then it was about space and rockets. In the space and rocket section they had put on a display of a real peace of the moon. All of the things that we have seen had lots of science information in it. I really enjoyed the room that was filled with lots of rockets.

36. Science Museum
    My favourite part was the IMAX theatre. The screen was huge and the film was about how people survive in space.
    I learnt that steam, pulleys and gears in big machinery.
    In the space area, I found out that you have to use a large rocket just to launch a small satellite. I also learnt that the Nazi’s used missiles that were like an actual rocket.
    I also found out that Dolly the sheep was the first cloned mammal.
    When I finally came back to school, I was exhausted but I really enjoyed the trip to the Science Museum.

37. I loved it so much.I really enjoyed the IMAX theater. It was really amazing to see the Earth from a different point of view.
    I learnt that astronomers have found over 700,000 new planets
    and another system. The planets in that system are all the size of Earth and one has enough sunlight for liquid water,so we may be able to live on it.But it’s 500 light years away from Earth so it’ll be hard to travel there.I would love to go again and learn more about it.

38. I enjoyed going to the science museum it was amazing and i learnt all sorts of things. My favourite part was seeing an actual moon rock. I also really liked watching the IMAX movie it was about life in space. Then we went to look at planes I learnt that most of the RAF planes could land in water which could be very useful sometimes. I think it was fun and we should go again sometime later!

39. I think the museum was really interesting.There were a lot of inventions to see.My favourite part of the museum was the space area I really liked the massive rockets.The movie in the IMAX theatre really blew me away.The Science Museum really was a BLAST.

40. Today, we went to the Science Museum. My favorite bit was the IMAX theatre where we saw the film called: Beautiful Planet.
    I learnt how a steam engine operates. Firstly, water is boiled till it is at 100 degrees Centigrade. The steam pushed the piston which pushes the hydraulic cylinder which creates power/motion.

41. I see you don’t monetize your site, don’t waste your traffic, you can earn extra cash every month because you’ve got
    high quality content. If you want to know how to
    make extra money, search for: Boorfe’s tips best adsense alternative

42. Trip to the Science Museum

My favourite part at the Science Museum was the Imax film called a beautiful planet. It showed me about how people survive in space. I also learnt that if you have to come out of the International Space Station and you go out into space to fix something, you have to be very careful otherwise you might cut the rope onto some sharp parts of the International Space Station and you might die in space.

I also enjoyed the Space section and I found out that if you take a picture of the sun at a different angle the colour will change. In the Space section I saw a piece of real Moon rock.

I was very tired after I got home but I think this was one of the best school trips so far.

43. To get to the science museum we took the train inside the museum we saw a train along with other things that make the modern world, in the space section we saw the British black arrow which was the only satellite conducted by the UK, the United States scout which was a series of rockets designed to put satellites into orbit, the Huygens module which was the first space craft to land on Saturn’s moon Titan and we saw the Great Scott rock which was a Moon rock from Apollo 15. After lunch we saw a movie about beautiful planet Earth which showed how people live in space after we saw the flight section I saw one plane made in 1949 that seemed extremely modern then we went to the gift shop and left it was a fun school trip.

44. I really enjoyed my trip to the Science Museum. My favourite
    section was the Space section. In the Space section, there was a replica of the “Eagle”, which was the lander that took Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin to the Moon. There was also an area where you could wear a pair of gloves, which an astronaut would wear, and try to screw together some nuts and bolts. I also enjoyed watching the IMAX movie called ‘A Beautiful Planet’. It was so realistic that I felt like I could just reach out and grab it. Finally, we went to the gift shop and came back home.

My legs were aching from all of the walking we did but I think it was a good trip.

45. On Wednesday this week,Year 5 visited the Science Museum.I had a fabulous time , and as I simply adore aeroplanes, I especially enjoyed the flight section. As well as that, I also enjoyed the space section. On display was the apollo 11 ‘eagle’. Towards the end of the visit, we watched an extraordinary IMAX film called ‘ A beautiful Planet’.It felt as though I could just leap out of my seat and virtually touch the screen. The film was about life on the International Space Station(ISS).After that, the class set off to the gift shop , and after quite a lot of decision-making, I finally decided what to buy-a levitating pen, another pen and a small badge. Above all, I absolutely loved the trip, although it was a pity that we missed Tim Peake- if only we had visited the museum a day later!

46. I really enjoyed our trip to the Science museum. My favourite part was when we watched the imax film called ‘A Beautiful Planet’. It was showing how astronauts stayed on the International Space Station (ISS). I also enjoyed looking at the objects in the space section. I could not believe my eyes when I saw a piece of the moon rock. I also got a chance to try on astronaut’s gloves and try to fix things. I was really hard and I don’t know the astronauts are able to do it in space. One of display showed that there was a new gadget made to the stitch a heart with the heart still beating. I was fascinated to see this. Another display showed that how DNA can be so important to police to find criminals and murderers. We then finally went shopping and came back to school. This trip was like none other and I hope that we can go to the Science museum again soon!

47. I love the Science Museum and this was a good trip. The IMAX was brilliant. The best parts were looking at Earth at night and seeing all the lights. It’s cool to see this on a plane but from space it was extra special. It’s beautiful! Just like the title of the film. You can see all the populated areas and then these big parts of black – nothing, wilderness. I would love to live in those parts of the world. Humans are also doing a lot of damage to the planet. The seas are getting polluted and so is the air. Poor people burn wood for fuel. Its not their fault because richer countries did the damage in the first place. Getting poorer people to stop doing this would not be fair and would make their lives more impossible. We need to find different types of energy – clean energy – then we can help them stop.

Although the world looked small from the Space Station – it also looked massive. Watching the sun rise and the Northern Lights – wow! I’ve been to the IMAX here before but that was about 5 years ago. That time I saw a really great movie about orphan orang-utans in Borneo and elephants in Kenya. The IMAX is so good because it makes you feel like you are right inside the movie.

We went to lots of different galleries as well. The space gallery is after the energy gallery. I liked both but the space one was more interesting because you see the actual modules and launcher rockets. Because I did a lot of research before we went, I could identify the exhibits. But I’ve also been lots of times before and my dad always points out interesting stuff to us. The gallery about who am I was very interactive which helped make things fun for us. My face is a 12 year olds.

The planes were also good. I like the fighter aircraft the best. Hendon museum has lots of them there too but the ones in the Science Museum are different because they are al special in some way. The first of it’s kind or the winner of a race or it made history. I think it would have been exciting to have been one of those pilots when air travel was new. I wonder if soon it will be like that to go into space. The difference is how expensive it is. It’s not just the fuel that costs money. Before space travel was safe for humans they used animals. The Russians sent a dog, Laika who died. The americans sent a monkey called Albert. Mice, squirrels, rabbit, flies tortoises newts and chicken eggs have all been sent into space.

Overall, the Science Museum trip was good. Next time perhaps we could try to get a talk for all the Alpha children . Also a good exhibit to see is the one about communications and everyday things in the house and how they work which is in the basement near the garden for toddlers.

48. I’ve been to the Science Museum many times before this trip with Alpha Prep, so it was not a new thing for me. Traveling on the tube with a school group was new though, this was good fun and I hope the public thought we were a well behaved school.

The best bit was the IMAX. The last time I went was when I was 5 years old on a trip home from Africa. We saw a movie about elephants and orang-utans. This time the movie was about Planet Earth from space and it was wonderful. The movie took us on the International Space Station and from there we looked down on Earth. The screen at the IMAX is the height of 7 stories and the 3-D experience gets you to feel as though you are right up there. That was amazing. The sad bit was seeing the damage humans are doing to Earth.

We went to several galleries inside the museum. We didn’t have a worksheet or a big question or anything so it was a like browsing.
    It was good to see the lunar module and astronauts suits. I like the rocket launchers. I also thought that some of planes were good – like the Gypsy Moth – especially now that I did the research about Amy Johnson. The interesting thing is that there is also a Gypsy Moth boat that used to be at Greenwich which was also designed to go round the world single-handed by by sea. Would you guess, the boat was modelled on the plane. The man that designed the plane also worked on to make the boat.

I liked the Who Am I? gallery where we looked at DNA and how it can be used in detective work. I think we need to come back to see that again.

49. Last Wednesday, we went to the Science Museum.
    We went to lots of different places like the Space section, we saw lots of different planes and trains and we also saw an IMAX film in 3D called A Beautiful Planet. My favourite part was the Space section, and that we actually saw a real piece of Moon rock! There were also lots of pictures of Yuri Gagarin, the first man in space. I learnt that he was going to go into space again but unfortunately, he died. I also had another favourite part when in one section, there were a lot of fun games related to science.
    I had a great time there and it was definetely one of the best trips we have gone on.

50. On Wednesday 18th of January 5K and 5G went to the Science Museum.When we got to the Science Museum we went to this room where we had to put our coats in a metal container.Then we went to look at the Space section where I found the Apollo 10 landing capsule I also spotted the ‘Eagle’ as well as the British Black Arrow. Then we went to the Making a third world section and I saw some three wheeled cars my partner saw a dental machine.After that we went to the technolagy area there was lots of different games one of the games was when we had to turn a steering wheel but you had to turn it opposite way so if you wanted to turn right you would turn the wheel left.My favourite bit was when we watched th 3D Imax movie.

51. I enjoyed the trip to the science museum. My favourite part of the trip was the IMAX film, ‘A Beautiful Planet’. It showed us a view of the planet Earth from the International Space Station (ISS) and how pretty it looked. The movie was about astronauts up in the ISS and how their lifestyle is different to our lifestyle and how living in ISS affects their bodies. One of the changes that occur in their body is that their bones become weaker, so it’s crucial for them to do exercise while up in sky (in ISS). We were shown how they had to fix mechanical and technical problems in the ISS and how difficult it was to get in and out of the space suits. It gave examples of why going on a spacewalk was dangerous, and some of the reasons were: they can be caught in a wire or if the wire gets cut, they will float out into space! We saw that they needed little water (about a pint of water) to wash their hairs. We also looked at display of various antique aeroplanes and aircrafts that were in use earlier and had been used by famous people, e.g. the British Black Arrow. In the Flight department, we saw the capsule in which Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin went to the moon in. We also saw pictures of their landing and pictures of them putting the American flag on the moon. We even saw a piece of rock from the moon from the Apollo 13 crew. It was amazing to know how a tiny piece of rock fascinated all of us. We even saw various model buildings and old cars from the 20th century. We could touch a few things and play a few games. We saw model rockets and parts of real ones too! There was a display where the ground was all grey and bumpy, just like the moon’s surface. There was another display which showed us how DNA can help the police and detectives in different crime scenes and investigations. Before leaving the museum, we all had £10 to spend in the shop to buy a souvenir. Overall, I enjoyed this trip and it was a memorable experience. I would say this was one of the best trips I have been so far.

52. Science Museum Trip

Homework

I really enjoyed the school trip to the Science Museum this Wednesday, with all the brilliant models and interesting facts. From my perspective, the most amazing part of the trip was seeing all the rockets suspended from the ceiling in the Exploring Space Gallery, including the British Black Arrow, the United States Scout Rocket and even the actual Apollo 10 command module.

The NASA crew of Apollo 10 were Commander Tom Stafford, Command Module Pilot John Young, and Lunar Module Pilot Eugene Cernan and they made the first successful orbit around the moon. Their mission enabled the first Lunar landing with the he Apollo 11 mission to take place two months after the Apollo 11 crew returned to safely to Earth with important data about the Moon.

I also really enjoyed the IMAX film ‘A Beautiful Planet’. It showed me how big the Milky Way is because first you have to think how big the Earth seems to us, then you have to think how tiny the Earth actually is compared to the Sun and if our Sun is one of millions, how big is the universe really?

In the 3D film, scientists have discovered a planet like Earth, not to hot to be a burnt piece of rock and not to cold to be a frozen ball in space. Could this mean there are other planets also supporting other life forms, hundred of light years away?

From the Science Museum shop I bought an Astronaut Ice Cream sandwich. Even though when I touched the Ice cream it seemed like it was a piece of wood, however it tasted exactly like proper ice cream! This is because the ice cream was freeze-dried, just like NASA still do for Astronauts today. As you eat the ice cream, your saliva rehydrates it, restoring it to its original state.

This trip was amazing, and I hope other classes find this trip incredible in the future.

53. On Wednesday we went to the Science Museum, it was absolutely amazing! There was the Space area, the Flight area and the air section. My favourite part of the Science Museum was the Space section. I got to see the British Black Arrow, The Huygens Module, The Eagle and a piece of Moon rock in a glass case filled with nitrogen.

That was absolutely amazing and it was an experience I’ll never forget!

54. On Wednesday 25th January 2017, we went to the science museum. This is how the day went…….
    We went by train. We went on the Metropolitan, Jubilee and Piccadilly lines. Once we were off, we had quite a walk to the museum. Once we were there, we put our coats in a locker basket and we went in! Firstly, we went to see the transport exhibition, the space exhibition and so on. I really liked the space exhibition because we got to see real moon rock! I also liked the moving Earth. Next, we went up a flight of stairs. Me, Rhea and Simi found a game where we had to go all around the Earth, answer questions, and collect snowglobes! Then, we saw a hole where we put our hand in. It felt really funny! Afterwards, we went to have lunch in the school area and it was crowded! As we were running late a bit, we did not have a lot of time for lunch. Next comes my favourite part……… the IMAX movie. We watched ‘a beatiful planet’ and it was amazing through my 3D glasses. It looked like I could touch it! After that, we saw the flight exhibition and I saw a lot of aeroplanes. Then, I think we got a little bit lost since level one was out of order because the next day, Tim Peake would give part of the rocket he went in. Finally, after a busy day, we went to the shop. I bought a teddy bear keyring [£5.00], and two scented pencils, one strawberry cupcake ,and the other, gummy bear [£2.00 each]. Then we went on the train back to school. I loved the trip and I hope we can go again. Thanks Mr G!

55. On Wednesday, year 5 went to the Science Museum. I learnt many things. In Space, I saw some rockets and also an Astronaut suit. I was inspired! In other places, I played some games. Some of them challenged your brain. In other places there were fascinating things such as three wheeled cars, an engine and a train. The train was massive! In flight, I loved the way how the planes looked like they were actually flying. I also saw some planes which I new. But most of all, my favourite part was the IMAX movie talked about how Astronauts lived in the International Space Station and in space. It was amazing how we all were shocked at the beginning! I think the Science Museum is the the best Museum ever

56. On the 25th January 2017 our school went to the Science Museum,I loved it. We saw the aeroplanes, the tree wheeled cars and in the space section ,my favourite part was in the space section because I learnt a lot more things that I knew before and I found it very interesting,we also watched this really cool 3D Imax film and I thought it was brilliant.When we went into the tecnolgy section there was this car game and when you would turn the steering wheel right the car would go left.Finally it was time for us to leave on the tube and go back,I was so disappointed when we left.If I ever got that oppertunity ever again I would do it.

57. At the Science museum I had a great time. I quite enjoyed the section about space. When we were in the space section I quite liked the part about what things you can eat while you are in space. I also liked seeing and learning about the space suit that Helen Sharman had worn. I also like the imax movie we watched called ‘A Beautiful Planet’ When I put my 3D glasses on I felt like I could reach out and grab it . Then last we went to the gift shop and bought our gifts then came back home on the tube.

By the end of the day I was worn out from all the walking we did but it was a good trip.

1. On Wednesday, we went to the Science Museum. My favourite part was watching the I max film, called A Beautiful Planet. It was all about the Earth and how it’s changing, although they did talk about life on the ISS. I also enjoyed going to the flight section, because I enjoyed looking at the engines and how they worked. Overall, it was a very enjoyable trip, and I hope that the rest of year 5 think so too.

58. I really enjoyed the trip to the science museum. My favourite part was when we watched the iMax film which was about people who stayed in the international space station and how life was in space, a zero gravity universe. It showed how they lived their lives on a daily basis and how they felt. It talked about why they had to do 2 1/2 hours of exercise everyday. The astronauts had to have a bath using very little water but it looked like it was easier to wash their hair than using lots of water to wash the shampoo off. We looked at different displays from old-fashioned aeroplanes to the wonders of space. In the space section there were many different things to look at, as with the flight section. I found a small piece of moon rock and it was fascinating to see how such a tiny piece of rock amazed us all. We could even see different model buildings and old cars from the 20th century. There were photos of Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin landing on the moon. I learnt how the digestive system works and I even tried a few brain teasers. There was one where there was a racing car and a steering wheel and whenever I turned the wheel to one side, the car went the opposite direction. I found it very tricky, unlike some other people! There were many model rockets and there was a display where the ground was all grey and bumpy, just like the moon’s surface. There was a display which showed me how DNA can help the police and detectives in different crime scenes and investigations. Overall, I really enjoyed this experience and it was definitely one of the best school trips I’ve ever been to (and very educational at the same time!).

59. Today we went to the science museum. We saw the space, air, cars and trains and how they work in real life. My favorite part was the space ship and viewing a probe like ones that landed on the moon.
    I was fascinated by the chance to view real moon rock and see how coarse and rough it was. I learnt that some planes which could land on water (sea planes)and there are even some planes which don’t need a runway which means they take off vertically! I had a fun day out and wish that we could have stayed longer.