Solid, Liquids and Gases Revision Videos

What is matter?

Hey… what’s matter?

No no no, not what’s THE matter. What’s MATTER?

In this episode of Crash Course Kids, Sabrina talks about what matter is and the three states of matter: Solid, Liquid, and Gas.

She also does a quick experiment that you can do at home to prove that air is matter.

We’re super excited and hope you enjoy Crash Course Kids!

What are Particles?

Have you ever heard the phrase, “You look like a Million Bucks?”

Well, you do… but you also look like a million particles. In this episode, Sabrina talks to us about matter and particles and that all matter is made up of particles.

Also, she shows us how matter can change states from a solid to a liquid, a liquid to a gas, a gas to a solid, or a liquid to a solid.

Properties of Matter

Quick, think of three words to describe yourself. TIME’S UP!

What did you think of?

Chances are you thought of descriptive words that we call Properties. In this episode of Crash Course Kids, Sabrina talks about how properties help us understand objects.

Chemical Changes

We’ve talked about mixtures and solutions, solutes and solvents, but what about things that can’t be undone?

What about Chemical Changes?

Would it surprise you to know that baking a cake is a Chemical Change? Or striking a match?

In this episode of Crash Course Kids, Sabrina talks to us about how to tell if you have a chemical change on your hands.

Leave a comment below

Mr G says “What did you learn from this program?” Leave your comments below.

Remember the school rules

1. Be Kind
  2. Do not mention anyone’s names including your own.

Comment Help

Remember, your comments are reflective comments just like your smiley face comments at school. You can share what you’ve learnt, what you enjoyed and ask any questions you may have. Also, don’t forget to write full sentences with the correct punctuation!

A bad example: ‘I’ve learnt loads, that was great’

A good example: ‘I’ve learnt that the Sun is in the centre of our solar system and that it is really big’

Never Use a Full Name

Use other names, but nothing silly as this name appears for everyone to see. Names that are full names or silly names will not be posted. Use abbreviations like   Mr G or Miss P or your initials will do.

17 Replies to “Solid, Liquids and Gases Revision Videos”

1. I have learnt that everything is matter:air, us everything!
    This is the case because air weighs something.Also, air takes up a lot of space.This is the same as us, we do.
    Matter comes in different shapes and sizes. It also has volume. The three states of matter are: liquid , solid and gas.The scientific meaning of the word ‘matter’ is anything that takes up air and volume and space

I have learnt a lot from this fantastic video and I am glad I have watched it ; I have really enjoyed this video

2. I have learnt that everything is matter and that it takes up space. Also, matter has any weight. It can even be air. Matter can be anything including your self.

solids= it does’t change its shape when put into a container.

liquid= changes its shape when put in a container.

gas= changes it shape and is invisible.

3. Particles are tiny blocks that makes up matter. Everything is made of Particles (particles are soooooooooooo tiny)

In a solid, particles are packed very tightly and cannot move around.
    In a liquid ,particles are a bit spaced out.
    In gas ,there is sooooo much space between the particles they are floating around.

Wow I did not know particles are in everything even on my computer.

4. Everything is made of matter.
    Matter is anything that has weight and takes up space, all matter has volume. Matter comes from different forms of state.

Air weighs something, so this means air is matter and matter has a weight and takes up a lot of space whether it is a liquid gas or even a solid.

I have learnt a great deal watching this video, I now know what matter means and can explain what it means and I know that air does have a weight.

5. I have learnt that everything is matter.Even we are matter.Matter is anything that has weight and takes up space.The three states of matter are : solid, liquid and gas.All matter has volume and weight.

6. Everything is matter. Even air is matter. Even you are matter. Matter is not the same and can come in different shapes and sizes. Matter is anything that weighs something or takes up any space . We take up space. Every object takes up space

7. These videos made me learn a lot of things like matte is something that takes up space and weighs an amount in different mass.
    I thought it was very good and it helps me a lot to know how matter and the other states work and what the meaning is.

8. I watched videos about states of matter and learnt very many important things. For example, did you know that the three states of matter are solids, liquid and gas.
    Matter is when anything has weight or takes up space. All matter has volume and weight. Matter comes in different forms, or “states”. Many people think that ice is a liquid, but it is actually a solid as it is just water which is solidified.
    Matter is made of particles , but you can’t see the particles because they are very tiny. A solid has a definite size and shape, a liquid has a definite size but not a definite shape and a gas has no definite size or shape. When a solid turns into a liquid it is called melting, when a liquid turns into a gas it is called evaporation, when a gas turns back into a liquid it is called condensation and when a gas turns into a solid it is called reverse sublimation.
    These videos are extremely helpful if you want to know about the states of matter.

9. From the revision videos about the 3 states of matter I learnt that everything around us is made out of matter. Scientifically this means, anything that has a mass and takes up space. Solids, liquids and gases all have very different properties (the way something looks and behaves). For example solids have a fixed shape and fixed volume. However, gases have a free flowing shape and volume. To prove that gases are there real and have a weight you can try one experiment: put an empty balloon on one side of the scales and a blown-up one on the other. Consequently the air-filled one will sink.

10. What is Matter?
    Everything is made of matter.
    Matter is anything that has weight and takes up space.
    Objects are made of matter even us.
    There are 3 types of matter. Solid, liquid and gas.Matter does not look the same.
    Matter comes in different forms or states.
    Liquids are a state of matter or are they?
    Water takes up space. When you drink from a bottle the bottle gets lighter.
    Solids are also a state of the matter its obvious rocks.
    Matter can be seen or felt.
    Gas is also a matter.

Is air matter? Sabrina shows us an experiment.
    Air is matter because it has weight you can tell if you hang two balloons at the end of a hanger blow one up it should be pulling that side down. So air is matter.
    I learnt lots from this and have learnt many new things i had never known before!

11. Chemistry is the science of different kinds of matter, and how the matter can change.
    Matter is anything that has weight and volume. Volume is the amount of space taken up by something.
    Matter can come in different forms, or ‘states’. The three main types of matter are liquid, solid or gas.
    Property is a distinguishing quality of an object made of matter like its colour, shape, size, temperature or weight.
    An object made of matter can change its properties when it changes state.
    Particles are like tiny building blocks that make up matter.
    A chemical change is a change that occurs when the particles that make up two or more substances are rearranged to form a new substance.
    Chemical changes make smells, release light or gases or give off or take in heat.

12. By watching these Chemistry videos, I have learnt that everything is made of matter. They are tiny particles that make up a whole shape, such as me, you, a football and even electric objects! Solids,liquids and even gases are made of matter!

13. Matter
    The scientific definition for the word matter is anything that has weight and takes up space. Matter comes in different forms or states. Even gas isis matter although we can’t see it.

14. I’ve learnt that:
    -Matter is the substance which a physical object is made of, Particles make up Matter and a distinctive quality of an object made of Matter is called a property.
    -A Solid is Matter that has a definite size and shape, a Liquid is Matter that has a definite size but no definite shape and a Gas is Matter that has no definite size or shape.
    -The Freezing Point of something is the temperature at which a liquid changes to a solid. The Melting point of something is the temperature at which a solid changes to a liquid. The Boiling Point of something is the temperature at which a liquid changes to a Gas.
    -Reflectivity is the measure of how much Matter reflects light and Transparency is the measure of how much light can pass through Matter.

15. Everything is matter even you. Matter is anything that has weight and takes up space. Matter comes in different sizes and shapes. Sometimes matter is something you can’t feel or taste air is a matter because it weighs something and and if you put air in a balloon it will increase size. Matter is made of particles, a dog is made of particles, many things are made with particles like you, your pet, your teddy bear and of course your friends. If you heat up water then it turns into a gas when boiled. All matter can change state for example if you melt wax then it turns into a liquid.

16. Chemistry
    What is Matter?
    Everything is made of matter.
    Objects are made of matter even us.

What Exactly is matter?
    The scientific answer
    Weight is how heavy an object is.
    Scales measure weight.
    All matter has volume.
    Volume is the amount of space taken up by an object.
    When you pour water into a glass the volume is how much water is inside.
    Matter does not look the same.
    Liquids are a state of matter.
    Matter can be seen or felt.
    Gas is also a matter.

Is air matter?