Science Museum Trip 2023

Write a comment or recount below about our school trip.

Try to answer the following questions in your comment:

What was your favourite part?

What did you learn?

Remember the school rules

1. Be Kind
  2. Do not mention anyone’s names including your own.

Comment Help

Remember, your comments are reflective comments just like your smiley face comments at school. You can share what you’ve learnt, what you enjoyed and ask any questions you may have. Also, don’t forget to write full sentences with the correct punctuation!

A good example of a comment : â€˜I’ve learnt that the Sun is in the centre of our solar system and that it is enormous.

Remember: Never Use a Full Name

Use abbreviations like   Mr G or Miss P or your initials will do.

12 Replies to “Science Museum Trip 2023”

1. On Friday 10th November, me and my class visited the Science Museum. We took the Bakerloo Line and the Circle Line. It was a bit crowded.

When we got there, we first went to the gift shop. I got a toy that turns pink as you squish it. Then we explored the Space Gallery. There was Helen Sharman ‘s spacesuit and the moon lander (lunar lander). We also saw the first invented planes and cars. We read about the rocket to Mars and then we headed to lunch.

After lunch, we had to walk flights of stairs to reach to WonderLab. The WonderLab is my favourite because we saw electricity shows and chemistry shows. We went on slides to test out which one has more friction. W e also did pulleys with 2 strings and an aeroplane flying area. You can compete against your friends to see which one flies the highest. My favourite part was making 3D shapes in the maths section.

I enjoyed this fun trip to the Science Museum and I am really excited to learn more about Space in my Science lessons and I hope to go on more trips soon.

2. On Friday, we went to the Science Museum. The journey began when we walked to the train station. It took two trains to get to there, with a total journey time of one and a half hours.

There were lots of exhibits and shows in the Science Museum. My favourite was the chemistry show, were the “explainers” did lots of experiments. One experiment involved lighting a candle and putting it in a box of dry ice. Due to the carbon dioxide (lack of oxygen) in the box the fire couldn’t survive and died out. Another interesting experiment was done using liquid Nitrogen. A large air filled balloon was brought close to a small flask filled with liquid Nitrogen. We saw the balloon shrink, and fit inside the flask. The explainer showed us that it was now filled with liquid. Once the balloon was away from the flask, it slowly began to inflate again, and the liquid inside disappeared. This experiment showed the effect of temperature on the gas inside the balloon.

Overall it was a good trip and I would love to go again!

3. The Science Museum was a great trip the. Wonder Lab was the best part we got to experiment with electricity , wind and much more.

4. Last Friday we went to the science museum, it was incredibly fun. We got to see many cool things including the first rocket to reach the moon. There were tonnes of other things like the first ever aeroplane.
    My favourite part was the wander lab. There were plenty of different experiments to try out. There were 2 shows one on states of matter and one on electricity.
    We used the District Line and the Circle Line to get there and back. It was an incredibly enjoyable trip

5. On Friday 10th of November we went to the Science Museum. We walked to the Harrow Wealdstone train station. We went on the Baker Loo and Circle and Distric lines. We finally at the Science Museum.

Then first we went to the Exploring Space part and i had a good fact about Saturn the fact was the largest moon on Saturn is Titan.and we also saw Tim Peake’s Soyuz TMA Next we went to the Making The Modern World part and their was so many cool stuff like the Puffing Billy Locomotive.Next we had our pack lunch.

Now was the best part of the whole trip was the Wonder Lab. There was a full place of activities. We even saw the electricity show and the chemistry show. The best show was the electricity show. I did a lot of stuff like make 3D shapes, us pulling rope that make it a pulley and the last thing was to go on the slides that was the best part of the activities.We had to leave to Science Museum and go back to the to the train station .

We took the same trains we took to come here and we arrived at Alpha Prep in about 1 hour.

6. I really enjoyed my day at the Science Museum. We went to the Wonderlab and had a go at most of the activities. The Wonderlab had a chemistry show, an electricity show and experiments to do. It was a wonderful experience. We had a look at the space section which was incredibly amazing. We learnt all sorts of new facts such as Helen Sharman was the first British person to go to space.
    This was an amazing experience for me to see science in the real world.

7. This trip was so much fun ,I learnt that carbon dioxide can put out a flame but oxygen can not put out a flame .Dry ice is -87 Celsius and if you put a roar egg ,bouncy ball and a gummy worm into dry ice the egg will it look like a boiled egg on the inside ,the ball wont be bouncy and the gummy worm will be rock hard .

8. In this fascinating school trip I learnt a lot. My favourite thing about this trip was going inside the wonderland and watching the electricity and chemistry shows. In the electricity show we heard indoor lightning which was pretty loud but once you get used to it it’s fine. In the chemistry show we only got to see half of it but it was still really amazing as the experiments we did was incredible. I learnt that it took eleven attempts to reach the moon and I learnt lots of fears like triskaidekaphobia {the fear of the number 13.] Overall I loved this trip and I will be considering going here again to explore more!

9. I enjoyed the experience of exploring space and learning about the first people to land on the moon. My favorite bit was the WonderLab where we got to experiment a lot of things and my favorite fun bit was the slide.
    – VR

10. My favourite part was the chemistry show and the person lit a fire and put it in a container with dry ice in it since there was so much
    carbon dioxide in it the fire was put out straight away. They also got a pot of boiling water and ballon and they put the ballon in and all the air went but when it came out it was pumped up again I would love to go on this trip again because everything was amazing.

11. I loved going to the science museum

At first, we had to catch 2 trains it took us 1 hour 30 minutes

There were loads of exhibits and we even got to go to the wonderlands where we did a lot of experiments

We even went to the gift shop where I bought a squishy toy

Overall I would recommend everyone to go there.

12. I enjoyed the wonderlab, it was the best part of the science museum. My favourite part of the wonderlab was the shows and the pully system. I learnt that electricity can be made in lots of different ways and that we have wireless electricity. I also learnt that Russia and America were competing to see who would be the first country to land a Human on the planets and the other things in space.